It’s my BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!! No matter how old (41 if you’re counting) I turn, I still always look forward to my birthday. In fact I’ve basically claimed all of October as my birthday celebration month as far back as I can remember. Since I can’t travel or have a month of leisure brunches with girlfriends, I’m all in on luxury beauty items this year! Give me all the pretty, shiny, sparkly, skin changing things please!
I thought it would be fun this year since I’m launching this blog around my birthday to include a breakdown of the beauty items I’m lusting over lately and are lingering in my online shopping carts! (am I the only one who fills carts and comes back to them? )
Drumroll…Here is the first annual Second Half Beauty Birthday Wishlist– perfect for gift giving ideas for the clean beauty lover in your life so feel free to save it for a holiday gift guide! The beauty lovers in your life will thank you (and if you’re a friend of mine..hint…hint…)
Facial Devices to Restore the Look of Rest & Radiance (aka the opposite of life with a toddler)
1. Topping the list this year is the NuFace Mini. Ever since giving birth I’ve noticed a lack of plumpness in my skin and hollowing in my cheeks that wasn’t there until Postpartum. Last year , for my 40th, I was treated to an amazing micro current facial and saw immediate results! While it’s not in my budget to get those facials every month, this at home device claims to offer the same jaw dropping (or should I say- jaw lifting) results at home. This FDA cleared device for a literal “5 minute face lift, anywhere , anytime”. YESSSSS PLEASSSE
2. In a close second is this pink, sparkly skin wonder- GloPro Microneedling Rejuvenation Tool. With it’s tiny needles this may look more acupuncture than skincare treatment- but that’s exactly the point! You simply roll it over your skin , focusing in problem areas such as your forehead, brow furrows, etc and voila! Smooth, botox free, forehead!
3. If microcurrents and stainless steel needles seem a little to extreme, I’m also deeply intrigued by the Wildling Beauty Empress Stone . If you’re familiar with Gua Sha (the ancient Chinese practice of a specific facial massage with a stone -normally Jade or Rose Quartz), then this stone might look a little different. It has a super unique ridged combed edged and is made of gorgeous Bian stone. FUN FACT : Bian stone was created when a meteor struck a mountain in ancient China. It is said to emit ultrasound pulsations, far infrared rays, and negative ions as a result of the cosmic impact (hello outer space rocks for skincare!) — all of which are known for their antioxidant and anti-aging effects on cells and DNA. ALLL THE YESSS to needing this in my routine!
The Ultimate Clean Beauty Bath/Body Pampering Products
4. I’m a sucker for a great body oil and there are so many delicious ones out there. The one I’m lusting after the most right now is de Mamiel Salvation Body Oil – If you read my post on the best clean beauty face masks then you know my love for the this gorgeously formulated brand! The Salvation Body Oil is an absolute indulgent treat for every sense and is exactly how I want to start/end each day of my 41st year. Formulated with yummy plant oils seven potent plant oils and perfume grade essential oil blend of Frankincense, Bergamot, Myrrh, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Jasmine. So basically BLISS in a bottle!
5. Herbivore Crushed Amethyst Exfoliating Body Polish is going to make my goals of literally caressing myself with gorgeous gemstones head to toe each day come true! Made of cosmetic grade ground Amethysts gemstones, along with Coconut Oil & Epsom Salt & Sugar, this will transform my bath from toddler tub time central to Four Seasons Maldives in an instant! This Allure Beauty Award winning scrub is also scented with my one of my all time FAVORITE scents- Jasmine! Obsessed !!
6. Speaking of Jasmine… I’ve been coveting the Herbivore Jasmine Glowing Hyrdation Body Oil for a while now and need to add this to my life this year. Made with Camellia Flower to improve elasticity, Grapeseed Oil, Vitamin E, Bergamot & Jasmine. Let’s be honest, basically any Herbivore product (their Coconut Milk Bath Soak is also a long time fave & a total steal at only $18) should be on this list!
For the Beauty Lover
7. Ok, I cheated just slightly, the Natasha Denona Eye Shadow Palette isn’t actually a clean beauty product, but my personal beauty philosophy is 80/20 (meaning I aim to use at least 80% clean beauty, skincare and personal items, but 20% is still mainstream/ conventional beauty). Natasha Denona eye shadows are off the charts! I’ve worked in beauty for almost two decades and I can say that the pigment and texture of her shadows is out of this WORLD! Bonus is they never crease on me (even without an eye shadow primer) and they stay all day! Worth every penny in my book.
8. Aether Beauty Crystal Charged Cheek Palette in Amber– Keeping in theme with enveloping my skin and body with crystal infused products, this cheek palette has been sitting in my Sephora cart since it recently launched. Featuring 2 gorgeous coral toned shades and a shimmering highlight, these powders are infused with Rose Hip Oil AND actual crushed ruby gemstones. HELLO radiant skin goals! Bonus, Aether Beauty is one of my favorite brands on the sustainability front.
9. RMS Beauty Master Radiance Base– First a disclaimer that RMS was a client of mine previously so I do hold a very soft spot for the brand. So with that out of the way, I’m LOVING this new multitasking make-up hero product. This creme formula can be used as primer under your foundation, worn alone for all over subtle glow/ skin evening , or on top of your makeup as a highlighter. I tested a sample of this recently and my skin looked softly “filtered” while wearing it but not overly highlighted in direct sun while running after the babe. Absolutely believable perfected skin in a bottle!
To keep that Birthday Glow going all year
10. Alpyn Beauty has been on my radar for quite some time (especially after just winning a Glamour Magazine Best of Beauty award for their survival serum AND an Allure Best of Beauty Award for their creamy cleanser). The new Wild Huckelberry 8 Acid Polish Peel was launched just in time for my birthday this week so I’m taking it as a sign that it needs to be in my life. Why I’m intrigued: it uses BOTH chemical AND physical exfoliation to give you a gorgeous glow in just 5 minutes (it’s like they had my life in mind!). Huckelberry is naturally rich in Vitamin C , plus 8 naturally derived acids to slough off dead skin cells and gentle bamboo powder to refine your skin’s texture, you’re guaranteed to be radiance personified! Bonus: Alpyn Beauty is part of the 1% For the Planet Program, where 1% in donated back to enviornmental causes.
I could go have easily made this gift guide 5 times as long as there are so many delicious beauty items on the market right now. What’s on your list?